Sunday, February 4, 2007

Day to day.

Today is Sunday, and I thought I would post for a few reasons...Super Bowl, This mornings amazing sermon and some sweet music. First of all I am going to congratulate Payton Manning on his first Super Bowl ring. In my opinion he and his team deserved it .

This morning I had some roommate troubles...I set my alarm for 8:45 so that I could get up and quickly go get some breakfast before 9 and then come back to get ready for church at 10. Well first of all I wake up and see that it is 9am and breakfast is closed and my alarm has been on for 15 minutes. My alarm sound is nothing annoying it is just the local Christian radio station. SO, I get up and go to the bathroom and on my way back I see my roommate in the hall making his way to the shower and he gives me one of those if looks could kill you would be dead looks and I asked him, "what's with the dirty look?" which he replies "you woke me up". I found this odd because about 30 seconds after I woke up and turned my alarm off his alarm sounds(which is one of the annoying buzzers)So when he came back from the showers I was waiting for him so we could discuss the little beef that was developing. I said, "Hey Matt, you know now that we are in college we don't give each other dirty looks when something is bothering us like we did in Junior High... I would appreciate it if you would come and talk to me instead if you have a problem." Timeout, now I know that this is not the most sensitive thing I could have said at the time, but this guy is getting on my nerves for the simple reason that if he has a problem with me he just lets it build up and we never address it. SO in return I have been trying to "poke at him" to get him to talk to me about what's on his mind. So he responds with, "Well it seems that you just ignored me the last time we talked about this and have not fixed anything." Basically he has a problem with the fact that I do not wake up right away to my alarm and I feel kinda stuck cause I can't do much about it cause the volume on my radio is all the way up and I wake up when I wake up. So the conversation really never resolved anything accept him being peeved at me and me and I know that we didn't solved anything. So that is what's up with the roomy.

So on to this morning. The pastor at the church I attend here, Aaron Bart, is spoke on the story in Mark about the Leper who encounters Jesus and says to him, "If you are willing you can heal me." Aaron pointed out that before this encounter no person, only a demon, has addressed Jesus to be God, and around that time Leprosy was seen as a punishment by God and could only be healed by God. So the interesting point is that the leper does not say CAN you heal me, but rather that Jesus has the power and asking if he is willing to heal him. I thought that what he said was pretty sweet. He then went on to talk about how we as Christians need to have the attitude of willingness and that we won't be perfect and do thing right, but we need to continue saying to God, "I am still willing to follow and do my best for you."

Some good music I have been listening to lately is John Mayer's new CD Continuum, and Shawn McDonald's Cd Ripen. Anyway thanks for reading, and comment if you want. Also I would appreciate your prayers about he being able to go to Australia next spring. You can also pray about housing for next year, that I can find a group of guys that I want to live with. And...one more thing that I can get along with my roommate. Talk to you soon.
-Joel

2 comments:

Emma said...

Ello, my friend! Isn't blogspot great? Honestly, makes my life so much easier. I really like reading all the stuff you've posted. Keep it up! Australia sounds, um, INCREDIBLE!! We'll need lots and lots of pictures of that little jaunt. It's good to know you're doing well. Talk to you later!

Josh said...

Hey Joel! I just made a blogspot; livejournal was feeling a little too high-school for me. Anyway, I'll be posting too, check it out if you ever feel like it. Hope your day's going well, keep on updating!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones