Friday, April 18, 2008

Blahhhh.

Translation= I don't feel so good. I have about one and a half weeks left here in Ukraine. I have plenty of work to do by the end of next week and I will have limited time to work on it. This weekend I am supposed to travel to another town in the Southern part of the country. Last night I was here in Kiev, but I had spent 2 nights before that on the train. Me and Jos took a trip down to Odessa for a day and the train ride is over night in sleeper cars. So we slept on the train on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Then I had one night last night in a regular bed and will be sleeping in a sleeper train car again tonight as well as Monday night. To be honest I have no desire to go on this trip this weekend. It is just to visit 2 of the small Reformed churches down there. I really don't know what to expect, plus I don't feel 100%. It could be from the lack of sleep and the fact that dinner tonight consisted of french fries and what were basically chicken nuggets. It did not even taste that good, and now I feel a little stomach and headache. Yuck. It is a common occurrence where there will be some food left over and for some reason I am the one that is asked if I want to eat the rest, which I almost never do. Then if I say I don't want it, the dog eats it. It is as if the idea of covering it with saran wrap and putting it the fridge is a foreign concept.

I really just want to go home...like...now, or at least back to Holland. I am losing desire and energy to finish the semester. It is going to be really nice to have some down time when I get back. It is going to be really nice to not have young annoying host siblings to deal with too. Chris is 10 and he has got such a mouth on him I am ready to slap the turd. It is literally half my size and he mouths off like it's the other way around.

I really do want to write some more......at least my mind does, but y body doesn't feel like it. Plus I have to go pack some stuff for the weekend before I head out to the train station. The train leaves in a couple hours. I might not get the chance to post again until the middle of next week. I hope you all are doing well.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Eric Pilon said...

Hang in there, bro. It's during the hardest part of the trip that you will learn the most. You'll be home soon enough. Enjoy Europe while you still have time there!

Love Ya, Eric


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones