Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's been a month.

I have not posted since March 6 and a ton has gone on since then.

Most recently I have been really discouraged by signing up for housing this past week. About a month ago the capus was informed that we shoudl begin looking for roommates for next school year so that when sign ups for housing came around everyone woule have their groups together to sign up for housing. On campus we have 6 buildings for housing. North Hall is where I have lived for the last 2 years and it is an all guys dorm. East Hall is identical to North accept all girls. Covnenant Hall and West Hall are girls and guys dorms. East Campus apartments consists of 6 apartment buildings with 8 apartments in each, and Southview is on big apartment building with 28 apartments in it. The way housing goes is that seniority gets priority so Southview and East Campus Apartments usually fill up quick and then on down the food chain until everyone on campus has somewhere to live. So I began looking for roommates about 2 months ago because I wanted to amek sure that I would be living with people I liked next year. But nobody was committing to a room because 3 of the guys I wanted to live with were re-applying to be Registerd Assistants for the dorms. So I then went to 2 other guys and asked about their housing situation and the 3 of us became a group, but we needed 3 more guys to have a full apartment and have the best chance of making it into the apartments. So the results for the RA interviews came out the day before spring break and at that point I was torn between 2 groups basically waiting on one of them to way you are in for sure. Well I was pretty well set with the one group I was in with the other 2 guys and the other group included 4 guys that I had approached earlier about living with them. All this to say that when I came back from spring break I recieved an email from the 2 guys in the group I was currently in, telling me that they were joining the other 4 guys in the othe rgroup completing both of their groups in to on group of 6( which makes a full room) and I was the odd man out. Oh yeah, I got that email 2 days before when we needed to hand in our housing forms for next year.

So as of right now I am signed up with nobody again, just like last year, and the school will pick who my roommate for next year will be, whether a transfer student, and incoming freshmen or if I am lucky they will not house me with anyone and I get the room to myself. At this point I am really disappointed in the people that I though were friends of mine, and after this whole ordeal I really feel betrayed and it seems like nobody cares. I feel like I know a fair amount of people, but very few if any of those people do I trust to talk about something more serious than the typical "How was your day?" kind of small talk.

I would not be surprized if my explaination of the house stuff did not make sense, but basically I was set to live with some guys and at the last minute they dumped me and went and completed another room and I was stuck with nobody to live with for next year.

Among other issues I am dealing with, I have about a month of classes left and then a week of finals and I am already struggling to find the desire to keep working hard in all my classes.

I will post more later about my spring break and such.

-Joel

1 comment:

Josh said...

that's rough man, sorry to hear things aren't going your way. I'll be praying for you, good luck with the rest of your year.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones