Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Verse

So I just realized that I posted Galatians 1:10 at the top of the last post, but failed to explain or even allude why. This verse has been on my mind for a while now. I see situations and experience situations on a daily basis where the decision of whether to plase men or God is at hand, and people are constantly making split second decsions to either way. It is an interesting paradox because I want to not have to worry about what others think of me or what level of popularity is, and frequently I sarcifice my devotion to God to increase my acceptability to people and to improve my popularity. I am so frustrated by living what is essentially a double life and I am more frusrated by the idea that me living this way is contributing to the problem of hypocrisy in today's churches. That is all the verse was about, but I would really like to open this up for discussion. SO if you have any thoughts on the problem or the solution or just some thoughts or comments on the matter then feel free to post somehting up in the comment section.
Talk to you soon.
-Joel

P.S. - I come home in 66 days.

1 comment:

Eric Pilon said...

Hey brotha...It's good to read your thoughts, although it's been a while since you last posted.

If you like reading blogs as well as writing them, you should check out my two:

pilon.blogspot.com for my personal life, humor, updates, pop culture, observations

incision2008.blogspot.com for political banter

Love ya. Hope to hear from you soon.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones