Monday, May 7, 2007

The week before this past week the campus here at Dordt had a capus wide 24/7 prayer. Students and faculty(1 prof) signed up for hour lond sections of time for an entire week of prayer...all through the day and all through the night. All the 1 hour slots were filled and there was prayer on Dordt's capus for 7 days straight. We had a meeting on the Monday night after the week of prayer to debrief and have some worship. Not very many people came just because it was inconvenient or forgot or whatever, but my Resident Director said something that night that I have been meditating on ever since. "If we love God with everything that is in us, then God cannont resist us. He is a lover and love that pure and genuine is irresistable."

God loves us. The meaning has been drained from this phrase for the many times it is used and heard. But if we take time to elaborate on this phrase it has new life.

God loves your voice. The tone, the quality, he created it to be just that way. He loves those things about us that we completely despise and whish we could change. God loves the color of your eyes and hair and your smile. God loves to see us happy. We are who we are because God created us this way. I frequnetly think that God is not close.

2 Samuel 22:7-20

"In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears. The earth trembled and quaked, the foundations of the heavens [c] shook; they trembled because he was angry. Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it. He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet. He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared [d] on the wings of the wind. He made darkness his canopy around him— the dark [e] rain clouds of the sky. Out of the brightness of his presence bolts of lightning blazed forth. The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded. He shot arrows and scattered the enemies , bolts of lightning and routed them. The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the LORD, at the blast of breath from his nostrils. He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones