Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Today I put on a pair of jeans I had not worn for quite a while. I was looking in the mirror when I stuck my hand in my right pocket and felt a piece of paper. Lo and behold when I took the piece of paper out it was a twenty dollar bill. That is such a great feeling.

Things are slowing down for a few days here for what we call "dead week". We are still not quite sure if this is a week to have a break from homework before finals or to die from all the homework that our profs are not supposed to give us the the week before the end of the semester. I think this is the first dead week that I feel a dramatic change in my work load. I still have homework and things to wrap up, but I am feeling a little relieved for now. Tonight I have a Christmas party to attend with all the people that participated on praise and worship teams this semester. I think it will be a good time.

Finally, I would like ot announce my intention of saving up some money to buy a cello! I have always had a high admiration for stringed instruments in general, and to be honest I really like the sound of the violin. But come on. Could you honestly see a 6'5" Dutchman playing a violin? So I decided for a more aesthetically pleasing alternative that I would like to pursue purchasing a cello and some lessons. This is quite the expense to say the least, but I honestly think I will do this if my financial situation so aloows at some point in the future. Maybe I will start today with the $20 I found in my pocket.

Christmas is coming! 8.5 days until I fly home.

1 comment:

Lulu Bean said...

I found you. muahahaha.

Seriously though, when you wrote "Christmas is coming. 8.5 days" I read "Christ is coming in 8.5 days". And I thought, no wonder he doesn't want to tell anyone about his blog! He's predicting Christ's coming. And then I reread it, and realized my mistake.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones