Friday, August 29, 2008

simple Christian

I have been studying theology at Dordt College for 2 years now and entering my 3rd But now matter how many theology courses I take I have yet to find a reasonable cause to bind my beliefs with one type of theology. "I am a calvanist" or "I prefer the veiws of Piper". I often find myself saying "I can agree with that." but not in the relativistic(?) tolerant sense. What I am not tolerant of is an approach to Christianity that feels this need to logically explain everything. To say, "well God must of used evolution to create the earth because that makes the most sense" or to make a formula that explains everything in our world.

I believe God has given a great deal of organization to the universe and to our being human, but that does not mean that everything He created and how He works in our world today makes complete logical sense.

Not matter what Biblical theological view you prescribe to, it must come down to faith.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I suppose it comes down to how much you can tolerate things "not making sense". Myself, I can't stand it, so I tend to try to think things through as best I can.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones