Monday, September 1, 2008

Kantorei

The other singing group that I am in this year is a small enseble called kantorei. Now that I think about it I don't even know what that means. But a song that we sang through today is called "Calling My Children". Dr. K., my choir director appropriately labelled this as the piece that all the freshmen parents attending the concert will weep to. Out with the old seniors and in with the new freshmen. It is relaly nice that seasons change over the course of the year because in a place like Sioux Center, Iowa I always find myslef wanting the next season to come already. But this is with the foolish thinking that the next season will be better than the current one. BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Too flippin hot or way to freezing cold and by some miraculous act of God we sometimes get a day or two when the extremes take a break.

Calling My Children Home

Those lives were mine to love and cherish.
To guard and guide along life's way.
Oh God forbid that one should perish.
That one alas should go astray.

Back in the years with all together,
Around the place we'd romp and play.
So lonely now and oft' times wonder,
Oh will they come back home some day.

I'm lonesome for my precious children,
They live so far away.
Oh may they hear my calling...calling..
and come back home some day.

I gave my all for my dear children,
Their problems still with love I share,
I'd brave life's storm, defy the tempest
To bring them home from anywhere.

I lived my life my love I gave them,
to guide them through this world of strife,
I hope and pray we'll live together,
In that great glad here after life.

I'm lonesome for my precious children,
They live so far away.
Oh may they hear my calling...calling.. and come back home some day.

P.S. Kantorei is the name of another, older, German choral ensemble, and I suppose that the Kantorei here at Dordt is named after that.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones