Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stormy



Last night I woke up at 4am to what seemed like a strobe light going off in the room, and then...the building shook. I am not even joking. A huge thunder storm rolled through and it was one of the biggest and most intense lightning and thunder storms I have ever witnessed. I stayed up for a bit counting 1/1000, 2/1000 after every flash. At one point lighting was hitting so frequently and so closely that I could not even finish saying 1/1000 before thunder hit. It was crazy.

Lately I have had a couple different experiences like this that have been reminders that God is in control, and he cares about individual people. Enen in seeing parts of the movie Men in Black I was thinking about how small I am. If you have seen the movie you might remember how it suggests that the size of something is all relative.(i.e. an entire galaxy, in a marble sized ball, hanging from a cat's collar.

Antoher instance was in recently reading Psalm 56, especially verse 8.

"You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?"

All of Psalm 18 is the same way. It descirbes all these crazy powerful attributes about God and then out of nowhere in verse 16 you come face to face with that same God. He is personal and He loves his people.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones